Re: Re: dict databases

On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
Silent-Hunter wrote:

I... had dozens of them! Celtic, and German, and Russian,
etc. Does anyone know where to find those...?
I have not used dict for a number of years, since kde-3.5, basically. There is
no kdict for kde-4.5. However, there is goldendict (qt) and stardict (not as
nice, for gtk).

If I recall correctly, the stardict web site on sourceforge (?) has/has links
to the files you want. There are hundreds. You have to put them into the
appropriate directories in /usr/share.

Will they be compatible with dict? Cause, the program I use uses dict.
Also, I miss Ding.

  • Re: unable to install stardict
    ... that Puppy's PBDict was just a gooey GUI wrapper for the application dict. ... Another thing I did was to install dictionary databases locally, ... That may be the reason why the OP wants StarDict. ... characters or characters with diacritical marks are not well displayed ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: DICT: creating an .index file from a .dict.dz
    ... - is DICT compatible with Stardict? ... Is there a quick way of converting ... Stardict dictionaries and sdcv is like dict but without the dictd ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: unable to install stardict
    ... that Puppy's PBDict was just a gooey GUI wrapper for the application dict. ... Another thing I did was to install dictionary databases locally, ... That may be the reason why the OP wants StarDict. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)