Re: somewhat OT: sudo question

On 09/09/2010 12:12 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:59:18 -0500 JD<jd1008@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/09/2010 11:41 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
Hi,

I would like to set up sudo permissions for myself (let us say) such
that I do not need password for /usr/sbin/pm-hibernate
or /usr/sbin/pm-suspend but need it for everything else. Anyone know
off-hand how this can be done by adding lines in the /etc/sudoers file?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan
Append a line like the following to /etc/sudoers

ranjan ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
Sorry, maybe I was not clear. I wanted to have the ability to use sudo
without password for the above two commands, but use sudo with password
(required) for everything else.

Will it be enough to type the two commands with a comma separator after
the NOPASSWD: (and instead of the ALL)? I guess I could try this, but
wanted to be sure.

Ranjan

Once you do as I described, you will not need password
for any sudo command.