Re: somewhat OT: sudo question

On 09/09/2010 12:12 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:59:18 -0500 JD<jd1008@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/09/2010 11:41 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
Hi,

I would like to set up sudo permissions for myself (let us say) such
that I do not need password for /usr/sbin/pm-hibernate
or /usr/sbin/pm-suspend but need it for everything else. Anyone know
off-hand how this can be done by adding lines in the /etc/sudoers file?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan
Append a line like the following to /etc/sudoers

ranjan ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
Sorry, maybe I was not clear. I wanted to have the ability to use sudo
without password for the above two commands, but use sudo with password
(required) for everything else.

Will it be enough to type the two commands with a comma separator after
the NOPASSWD: (and instead of the ALL)? I guess I could try this, but
wanted to be sure.

Ranjan

Once you do as I described, you will not need password
for any sudo command.

  • Re: [kde-linux] KDE 4 and monitor powering off.
    ... I changed it so that it would run as root since I have to ... I have sudo configured so my normal user has very limited access (some ... commands, with specific parameters. ... The admin user has full passwordless access to do everything root could ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: trouble compiling Midnight Commander
    ... to get the file manager Midnight Commander running on my Mac Pro. ... first tried the Fink version, but that was essentially useless, so now ... sudo commands. ... I issued 'sudo make install' as the last of the commands listed ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Dumb question of the week.
    ... me a blood-red prompt. ... I think that 'root' commands must work without surprises like aliases ... My su and sudo work as defined in the man pages, ... which asks for the root password and then, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Fwd: How to track down which commands sudoers set up?
    ... sent to list proper this time. ... How to track down which commands sudoers set up? ... I believe that sudo can be configured to limit the extent to which the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • [opensuse] sudo, and useradd
    ... I am trying to setup sudo rights on a specific user ... # create group LIMITEDTRUST with user test as a member ... the commands listed in cmnd alias PROGRAMS ... The views expressed in this e-mail are the views of the individual sender and should in no way be construed as the views of the Company. ...
    (SuSE)