Re: GNOME Terminal alternatives?

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 11:15 -0400, Alex wrote:
- How can I change the terminal bell sound?

It's really not clear whether you're looking for an alternative to
gnome-terminal or looking to configure it.

Play with the gconf-editor, and search for "bell". There's a few
configuration options to do with the bell to be found in this section of
it: /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/

It looks rather like your terminal issues a "play bell" instruction, and
something else handles making the noise. That something else being what
I've just mentioned above.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i686.PAE

read messages from the public lists.

  • Re: Englands selection decisions
    ... And one of the decisions is that England will play 2 spinners in the first ... And the two spinners for the first game are Panesar and Rashid. ... Ian Bell or Owais Shah? ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Re: Poker Stars Deep Stack schedule
    ... can you believe how badly Morphy and I have tilted Bell ... I want us both to play occur when he is either working or sleeping. ... NONE of your tournaments are in that window, Wilma. ... that all the deep stack tournaments I want us to play in occur when he ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Any Comment on NZvE Day 1?
    ... Bell was simply superb. ... can certainly play beautifully. ... Innings like that show his talent off ... England are up against it and the bowling is challenging. ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Every Play Counts: Raja Bell Vs. Kobe Bryant
    ... Every Play Counts: Raja Bell v. Kobe Bryant ... Naturally, one game isn't everything, but the ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: High Note - High Range - Trumpet Playing
    ... but you don't use a lot of air playing in any register. ... grab the taper of the bell so that the bag is sealed off but with as ... much of the bag hanging past the end of the bell as possible. ... teeth opening to play loud than you will to play soft. ...
    (rec.music.makers.trumpet)