Re: GNOME Terminal alternatives?

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 11:15 -0400, Alex wrote:
- How can I change the terminal bell sound?

It's really not clear whether you're looking for an alternative to
gnome-terminal or looking to configure it.

Play with the gconf-editor, and search for "bell". There's a few
configuration options to do with the bell to be found in this section of
it: /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/

It looks rather like your terminal issues a "play bell" instruction, and
something else handles making the noise. That something else being what
I've just mentioned above.

[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r

read messages from the public lists.

users mailing list