RE: /etc/init.d/mysqld not installed on F12 machine

I don't seem to be having any luck with Fedora and MySQL on multiple machines at the moment.

MySQL does not seem to be installed on my F12 machine.

I have done a :-

   yum install mysql

but /etc/init.d/mysqld and friends are not installed.

Is there a separate package that installs them ?

# yum info mysql

# yum whatprovides /etc/init.d/mysqld
mysql-server-5.1.48-2.fc13.x86_64 : The MySQL server and related files
Repo : installed
Matched from:
Other : Provides-match: /etc/init.d/mysqld

# yum list \*mysqld\*

Hopefully that sheds light on a few areas of need...
users mailing list

  • Re: fc8 mysql libs brocken ??
    ... Setting up yum ... I'm having a lot of trouble getting application with mysql ... - what mysql related packages do you have installed? ... yum install yum-utils ...
  • Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!
    ... > installing things yum it doesn't know about. ... The mysql 4.x was downloaded from as an rpm and the rpm ... command line was used to install it. ...
  • FC3 and MySQL, did it install or not?
    ... I selected the mysql package when I installed FC3. ... "yum update" and just let it update everything. ... Do I need to do a 'make install'? ...
  • Re: Installing other packages that came with redhat
    ... > I would liek to install mysql-deval, but I cant see this on the add remove ... > screen (only mysql) ... > Is there a way to list all packages that came with it and then choose the ... if your using FC1 you can try using yum ...
  • Re: yum vs. apt-get
    ... > Dear friends: ... > Just a quick question about yum and apt-get. ... > possible to mix these up, that is, to install with yum but ...