RE: /etc/init.d/mysqld not installed on F12 machine

I don't seem to be having any luck with Fedora and MySQL on multiple machines at the moment.

MySQL does not seem to be installed on my F12 machine.

I have done a :-

   yum install mysql

but /etc/init.d/mysqld and friends are not installed.

Is there a separate package that installs them ?

# yum info mysql

# yum whatprovides /etc/init.d/mysqld
mysql-server-5.1.48-2.fc13.x86_64 : The MySQL server and related files
Repo : installed
Matched from:
Other : Provides-match: /etc/init.d/mysqld

# yum list \*mysqld\*

Hopefully that sheds light on a few areas of need...
jlc

  • Re: fc8 mysql libs brocken ??
    ... Setting up yum ... I'm having a lot of trouble getting application with mysql ... - what mysql related packages do you have installed? ... yum install yum-utils ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!
    ... > installing things yum it doesn't know about. ... The mysql 4.x was downloaded from mysql.com as an rpm and the rpm ... command line was used to install it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • FC3 and MySQL, did it install or not?
    ... I selected the mysql package when I installed FC3. ... "yum update" and just let it update everything. ... Do I need to do a 'make install'? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Installing other packages that came with redhat
    ... > I would liek to install mysql-deval, but I cant see this on the add remove ... > screen (only mysql) ... > Is there a way to list all packages that came with it and then choose the ... if your using FC1 you can try using yum ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: yum vs. apt-get
    ... > Dear friends: ... > Just a quick question about yum and apt-get. ... > possible to mix these up, that is, to install with yum but ...
    (Fedora)