Re: Rhythmbox doesn't quite share

On 09/19/2010 11:57 AM, Steven Stern wrote:
On 09/19/2010 12:05 PM, JD wrote:

On 09/19/2010 08:38 AM, Steven Stern wrote:
I've enabled sharing over DAAP (Avahi) on the local network for my
Rhythmbox music library. When I start Rhythmbox, it shows up on iTunes
on my Mac, and Rhythmbox acknowledges the connection:

(10:33:13) [0x9e59038] [session_id_validate] rb-daap-share.c:728:
Validating session id 3480614792 from 192.168.123.198 matches
192.168.123.198

The playlists are correctly listed in iTunes, but none of the tracks
show up.

The firewall is open on port 3689, a connection is established between
the two systems, but there's no traffic after the playlist names are sent.

(FWIW, this also happens if iTunes is running on Windows.)

It probably has something to do with the permissions of the filesystem
or directory and file permissions?
Are you sure that the directory and it's contents can indeed be shared
by this protocol?
The permissions on all directories are drwxrwxrwx and SELINUX is in
permissive mode.

OK, so another question that remains is: does the Rhytmbox protocol
actually work in exporting the files to the cients on the net?
To me, being security conscious, it would amount to inviting intrusion
into the system. I do not believe anyone has gone through all the
applications with a fine tooth comb to find backdoors and trojans.

My $.02's worth.

  • Re: Rhythmbox doesnt quite share
    ... When I start Rhythmbox, ... The playlists are correctly listed in iTunes, ... The firewall is open on port 3689, a connection is established between ... It probably has something to do with the permissions of the filesystem ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Rhythmbox doesnt quite share
    ... When I start Rhythmbox, ... The playlists are correctly listed in iTunes, ... The firewall is open on port 3689, a connection is established between ... It probably has something to do with the permissions of the filesystem ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Rhythmbox doesnt quite share
    ... When I start Rhythmbox, ... The playlists are correctly listed in iTunes, ... The firewall is open on port 3689, a connection is established between ... It probably has something to do with the permissions of the filesystem ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Rhythmbox doesnt quite share
    ... When I start Rhythmbox, ... The playlists are correctly listed in iTunes, ... The firewall is open on port 3689, a connection is established between ... I use mt-daapd to serve the music in my house and connect to ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Rhythmbox doesnt quite share
    ... When I start Rhythmbox, ... The playlists are correctly listed in iTunes, ... The firewall is open on port 3689, a connection is established between ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)