Re: Whee, Xorg crash (Fedora 13 2.6.34.7-56.fc13.i686)!

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:24:53 -0500, Kevin Martin wrote:

So I'm using the latest unstable version of Chrome browser, updated my
kernel today, and BAM, when I try to view a video on cnn.com Xorg
crashes. This just started happening today (I've been running this
version of the chrome browser for a solid week or more). Here's the
backtrace from the Xorg.0.log.old for anybody who's interested:

64 or 32 bit kernel?
What video drivers?
What version of Flash (64 or 32 bit as well)?
What window manager?

I'm running the latest kernel (32 bit, Fedora 13), proprietary NVidia
drivers (256.53) on an overclocked 7600 GS card, the latest released
Flash plugin, and the latest released Firefox or Chrome.

I've tried KDE, Gnome, and Windowmaker. I have a modest amount of eye
candy turned on for KDE and Gnome, and obviously none turned on with
Windowmaker. I watched Google video, Youtube video, and Live Leak videos
with no issues.

In fact, with the latest updates, I've seen better Flash stability
(Chrome reports no plugin crashes), and better GLX performance (about
10%).

I know - this is not much help, but it sounds like there's some
interaction with your hardware or video drivers with the new environment.

. . . . just my two cents.

/mde/

  • 2.6.38-rc2+ - regresiion copying DVDs
    ... I'm trying to copy the3 contents of a video DVD from one disc to another, ... There are no messages in the kernel log file, ... Overwrite, Layer Jump, Random Recording, Sequential Recording, Sequential ... # Infrared-port device drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • tsc problems in 2.6.0-test11
    ... I'm not using speedstep or any voltage altering cpu code in the kernel. ... Using tsc for high-res timesource ... Doing some strenuous video ... # ACPI Support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Update on Timer Frequencies
    ... world experience comparing the 2.6.14 kernel compiled with the timer ... I'm running a video server that is taking in and sending out ... it's not a perfect test to evaluate timer frequencies (because it doesn't ... Each test is really a sequence of scripts that a) run dd on a trio of one ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Windows Assembly
    ... > just calling the kernel, and making one context switch, you call the ... > which is two context switches. ... video drivers in userspace too? ... > linear buffer that's one byte per pixel and make everything draw into ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: best framebuffer for YD 3.0.1 on 604e?
    ... > I boot her up? ... the kernel arguments only affect - ... video and XFree86 video, and ... failsafe XF86Config and then tweak it to explicitly define the BusID ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)