Re: Working ATI driver?

On 09/24/2010 03:18 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
I have a new ATI Radeon card in a new system, PCI says:

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV710 [Radeon HD 4350]
03:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc RV710/730

Is there a driver which will use this card? I would happily take a
driver from ATI or the devil himself, but having an expensive new system
which I have to run in text mode is a bit over the top. Currently
running kernel getting little use of the system.

I tried two other boards, different boards, similar results.

If the card is relatively new, then it is not likely to have an
opensource linux driver;
so you might as well get it from
users mailing list