Re: Copy and paste in Terminal

On 10/15/2010 08:03 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
On Friday, October 15, 2010 14:19:28 Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 23:03 -0400, Alex wrote:
Okay, I can now say I really don't like using the middle wheel. It
requires me to take my hands off the keyboard twice. I'd really like
to be able to highlight the the mouse, and paste with a keyboard
combination.
You seem to be mixing up the two methods of copying. You highlight with
the left mouse button and copy with the middle mouse button. NO keyboard
is involved,
No, Alex understands that there are two separate ways to copy-paste. We
clarified that before in the thread. What he wants is to unify the two
clipboard buffers --- to select with the mouse and paste with the keyboard.
Mainly because he doesn't feel comfortable clicking with the mouse wheel.

This can probably be achieved using some clipboard manager software, but
requires some configuring. I've never done anything similar, he needs to
investigate various managers and find out.

HTH, :-)
Marko

What Alex can do in order to force the highlighted word or text
to go into the buffer that can be pasted with ctrl-shivf-v,
is to
1. highlight the text or anything for that matter (such as a web page)
2. right click in the same area
3. select copy
This will put the copied buffer into the same buffer that ctr-shift-v
will paste in any window.

This way, he completely avoids the middle button for pasting.