Re: missing libcrypto.so.6

On 10/15/2010 04:56 PM, Mirko Jankovic wrote:
Hmm... so.10 is there already along with all of that opensssl, but
also there is message that 6 is here as well, last message after
whatprovides:

Maya2011_0_64-2011.0-419.x86_64 : Maya 2011 For Linux x64
Repo : installed
Matched from:
Filename : /usr/autodesk/maya2011-x64/support/openssl/libcrypto.so.6

So it should be working but...
I'm gonna check in Maya manual as well but if anyone already have an
idea it would be great.
Thanks again!

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Mirko Jankovic
<mirko.jankovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:mirko.jankovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Actualy it is not old program, It is Maya 2011 so new one, on
Fedora 13 x64
I'm gona try couple of those things, I;ve already try some but
there are few tricks that I didn't know about so I'm gonna try
them now.
Thank you!

See this blog:

it probably provides some required functions/funtionality or a
dependency was not removed from the 2011 rpm package. this library was
included with the Maya 2010 release -
backburner_libs.sw.base-2008.1.3-330.i386.rpm package. doesn’t look like
it is shipped with 2011. could install 2010 version rpm

or try installing without the dependency rpm option --nodeps

at URL:
http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-maya/autodesk-maya-2011/maya-2011-install-on-fedora-11-x8664-os-error---libdlnrapiso/

  • Re: help with rpm
    ... >>I just installed FreeBSD and now I want to install Maya (maya is in a TGZ ... >>install the rpm package. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: help with rpm
    ... >> I just installed FreeBSD and now I want to install Maya (maya is in ... >> install the rpm package. ... >> I'm running FreeBSD 4.10 ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: rsync progress
    ... rpm was also installed. ... I don't think you /can/ install rpm on Ubuntu. ... Package management systems are one of the deepest divides between Linux distros. ... The first distro, pretty much, was the Softlanding Linux System, SLS. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Dependencies
    ... Should you install it or no? ... RPM is just a low-level tool that does one thing and that one ... If getting the GPG keys causes you heartburn, ... > To stay in the RPM subject, Apache give keys for their tarball versions. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Three newbie questions!
    ... You can see the main groups, then the applications ... Until you get to know the names of applications, it is best to use RPM ... You normally find a README, an INSTALL, and a doc ... If you have installed any libraries, then you must run the following ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)