Re: Chromium Codecs Problem...

On 10/18/2010 02:28 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:

2010/10/17 Hiisi <very-cool@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:very-cool@xxxxxxxxxx>>

2010/10/16 Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:Jmlevick@xxxxxxxxx>>:
> Hi! as many of you may know, Chromium is having problems
> inside fedora with youtube's HTML 5 Video, see, when I want to
> play a HTML 5 Video in youtube, this message comes out:
> "Your browser does not correctly recognize any of the video formats
> available"
> in ubuntu-debian based distros the problem gets solved by installing the
> "chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-nonfree" package, but this one is not available in
> fedora, at least not with that name.
> ¿Can someone tell me the name of this package in Fedora 13?
> Thanks!
> Oh! and if you want to reproduce the problem inside your chromium browser,
> just
> try to open this video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdykNa2IBU
> If you open it in Firefox it will play, but not inside C:
romium.

@Ankur: Yes, I'm getting Chromium from the Spot repo

@Hiisi: Firefox 3.6 is fully compatible with HTML5. In my case
is Chromium the Browser that is not working. Chrome works well too.

Oh! and the video is a crap I know,Â

Cheers

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052

It's interesting but Flashblock in FF4 beta seems to think this is a flash video (and the chromium beta won't play it at all, as
you mentioned) and wants to block it (at least on my machine).

Kevin

  • Re: Fox News Channels videos wont play
    ... to play, because perhaps I have some more information that might provide ... Fox News Channel hosts a number of videos, and provides an embedding ... The video wouldn't play. ... Then you recommend abandoning the Fedora build and going directly to ...
    (Fedora)
  • avidemux: trouble initialising audio device
    ... I am trying to use avidemux in fedora 11 but when I try to play a video ... I get the message "trouble initializing audio device". ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Chromium Codecs Problem...
    ... inside fedora with youtube's HTML 5 Video, see, when I want to ... "Your browser does not correctly recognize any of the video formats ... fedora, at least not with that name. ... If you open it in Firefox it will play, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Chromium Codecs Problem...
    ... inside fedora with youtube's HTML 5 Video, see, when I want to ... fedora, at least not with that name. ... and if you want to reproduce the problem inside your chromium browser, ... If you open it in Firefox it will play, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Extraordinary delay in accessing web-site
    ... mplayer = video with poma's command. ... Chromium 25.0.1364.172 Built from source for Fedora release 18 ...
    (Fedora)