Re: trying to listen to streaming music, how can i figure out the ip address of the stream
- From: Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 06:03:11 +1030
On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 12:04 -0700, bruce wrote:
Using Fedora 13, trying to figure out how to determine the stream ip
address to plug the address into one of the music apps.
a number of the sites apparently still believe that windows/media is
the way to go.
some of the sites i've seen discuss modifying firefox/plugins, but the
approaches didn't work for me.
Modifying them? Often, one of the various download helpers can find
media in a page, and give you some alternative ways to dealing with
their address (download, copy the address, etc.). If it's embedded in
flash, some of the flashblock plugins may let you copy the address of a
currently blocked flash element. Though, sometimes that just gets you
the address of a flash player program, not the actual media stream.
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored. I
read messages from the public lists.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: Wine, pulseaudio, Starcraft problems
- Next by Date: Re: authentication issues in system settings
- Previous by thread: Re: trying to listen to streaming music, how can i figure out the ip address of the stream
- Next by thread: Re: trying to listen to streaming music, how can i figure out the ip address of the stream