Re: F14: high temperatures after coming back from hibernate

On 11/04/2010 05:40 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
I have noticed a strange problem after I come back from hibernate and
upgrade in F14 on my Thinkpad T61. The temperatures are off the charts,
hitting as high as 95C, and staying there, soon after waking up. The
laptop has become unusable, basically. Here is the output of top: the
topmost processes. Note that the laptop has 4 GB of memory,

1751 maitra 20 0 422m 2232 964 R 99.7 0.1 22:05.74 pulseaudio

It looks like pulseaudio is in some sort of loop. I'd attach strace to
it and see what it's doing. The PID is 1751, so you'd do something like:

strace -f -s 256 -p 1751

and cancel with Ctrl+C. You'll probably notice that there are sections
of output that simply repeat. Send a bit back to the list. It's hard
to say whether or not the problem will be apparent, but that'll be a
place to start.