Re: corrupted x32 Fedora 14 DVD
- From: Andre Robatino <robatino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 00:22:07 +0000 (UTC)
Bill Davidsen <davidsen <at> tmr.com> writes:
For the first time i tried to install
perfectday <at> mail.ru wrote:
Hello, thank you for support :) thats a problem - i've try to verify iso.
fedora from DVD-RW, then when installation was interrupted, i've try toinstall it in vmware from iso.
there was corrupted too. I've deleted iso and erase disc, and download isoagain. i've check the
downloading - there's was nothing that can be corrupt the iso. When i've startto check the iso in vmware
again i've got the message about corruption again. Is it possible that the isois corrupted in the Fedora
site? when i came back home, i'll try to check the checksum of this iso.
I would not ask this if I hadn't seen three people so it, you are checking the
download with sha256sum and not md5sum aren't you?
I can't be sure due to the poor English, but I suspect he doesn't understand the
difference between verifying the ISO _file_ versus doing a mediacheck on the
burned disc, so he probably hasn't been doing the checksum at all.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: End of life for FC12?
- Next by Date: Re: Solving all the KDE 4.5 Problems
- Previous by thread: Re: corrupted x32 Fedora 14 DVD
- Next by thread: Re: corrupted x32 Fedora 14 DVD