Re: Which file and directory contains the host name?

On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 19:39 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
Hi, :-)

Which file and directory contains the host name (on an FC12 VPS)?

Is it enough just to edit the domain name in that file or do I need to
do something else?

TIA for any answer. :-)

David,

I think you are looking for /etc/sysconfig/network, specifically the
HOSTNAME= line. This can be edited by root, or altered by root using the
hostname command. The host and domain names may also have been added to
your local /etc/hosts file.

--Doc Savage
Fairview Heights, IL

  • Re: Which file and directory contains the host name?
    ... This can be edited by root, or altered by root using the ... hostname command. ... The host and domain names may also have been added to ...
    (Fedora)
  • User Mode Linux = Network Problem
    ... For UML, root filesystem is Debian 3.0, ip adress 192.168.1.101, ... On the host: ... Initializing software serial port version 1 ... Configuring network interfaces: done. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • User Mode Linux = Network Failed !
    ... For UML, root filesystem is Debian 3.0, ip adress 192.168.1.101, ... On the host: ... Initializing software serial port version 1 ... Configuring network interfaces: done. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Anglo-Saxon Plant-Name Survey
    ... find a host they quickly die; if they do find a host ... Whether they used the 'root' may be a matter of definition: ... See e.g. this real Broomrape http://tinyurl.com/ndooo ... how about the ground seeds and we are ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • RE: Cant reboot after update
    ... Kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on ... server in our server room just after I started a normal reboot, ... etch host running on a Dell PowerEdge 2450 server. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)