Re: Menubar missing from F14 gnome-terminals

On 21/11/10 23:23, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:

On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 21:46 +0100, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
On 21/11/10 17:30, Jon Ingason wrote:
2010-11-21 16:39, Robert G. (Doc) Savage skrev:
Something appears to be suppressing the [File Edit view Terminal Tabs
Help] menubar in gnome-terminal on my Thinkpad laptop. The "show
menubar" option is enabled/checked in both config-editor and in the
popup menu that appears when you right click on the gnome-terminal's
background. Is there some other configurator that controls the menubar
display I don't know about?

--Doc Savage
Fairview Heights, IL

Right click in the terminal window and chose "Show -> Show menu bar"

Not enough. Select "Show -> Profile" and check the appropriate box.

Erik,

Not quite. The "Show Menubar" checkbox is at the bottom of the right
click popup menu, and as I indicated in my original message the checked
or unchecked state of that box has no effect.

--Doc Savage
Fairview Heights, IL

Well, on my F14 is has effect on the current terminal only. If you want a
permanent state do: "Show menu -> Profiles >- Profile Preferences" and check the
relevant box.

--
Erik

  • Re: Looking for menu enhancement
    ... -type cascade" on the toplevel menubar. ... using an independent "menu .popup" (attached for anyone ... # custom menu is clicked, the menu is displayed, then button is re-activated ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Menubar missing from F14 gnome-terminals
    ... click popup menu, and as I indicated in my original message the checked ... When I select Profile Preferences and go to the General tab I see the ... box is checked for "Show menubar by default in new terminals". ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Menubar missing from F14 gnome-terminals
    ... Help] menubar in gnome-terminal on my Thinkpad laptop. ... menubar" option is enabled/checked in both config-editor and in the ... --Doc Savage ... Jon Ingason ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Menubar missing from F14 gnome-terminals
    ... Help] menubar in gnome-terminal on my Thinkpad laptop. ... menubar" option is enabled/checked in both config-editor and in the ... popup menu that appears when you right click on the gnome-terminal's ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Creating a popup context menu
    ... > the menu window ID automatically assigning it FID_MENU so the window ... This might solve the problems with the dialog menubar ... I'm not using FID_MENU to initialize the popup menu, but I am using it to ... So does the popup menu. ...
    (comp.os.os2.programmer.misc)