Re: Time consumed

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I have ran the command by hand to scp a 200MB file from a remote
server to a local server.
is there a way to time it, I mean how much time it has consumed for
the scp to complete the task.

How do i incorporate in bash shell script.

Like Ranjan said, when the command completes it outputs the time, you
should be able to use awk[1] to get it if you want to do something
with it later (like output it to a log file). It may be redundant in
this case but there is also the time command which outputs the time
for a command to complete with additonal things like system time (cpu
time?).

Richard

[1] http://www.faqs.org/docs/abs/HTML/sedawk.html

  • Re: Piping and scripts with scp
    ... generate one key pair for every command you want to run and name the key ... if you invoke scp with the corresponding key, scp's remote invocation is ... The script will need to execute via cron and run ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: scp. I dont get it
    ... allows you restrict the use of the key to a specific ip, ... only use scp, and even then, only if the destination includes ... or running a cron script to do it for you. ... # original scp command given by the client. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Time consumed
    ... I have ran the command by hand to scp a 200MB file from a remote ... server to a local server. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: SCP help
    ... > I have developed a CGI that will take information from a CGI based ... > SCP a specific file to a remote server. ... > If I do the above command from the command line all works perfectly. ... Is the script setuid? ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: scp exploit
    ... want scp, but not necessarily the ability to pass in commands. ... server's running a restricted shell then the shell ought to filter the ... from sending a command string via ssh containing ";" (or any other shell ...
    (comp.security.ssh)