Question on /var/named permissions

I was looking in the /var/log/messages and saw messages about permission
when righting named files to /var/named. In looking, I found the directories
have root as the owner with rwx or rw but named was group with r-x or r--.
Changed the mode so named group had same rights as owner, and
messages no longer show up.

Just use the caching named, and this machine was upgraded to 14 from 12,
so not sure if this is an issue with upgrade versus clean install.

Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
Guam Community College Computer Center
mailto:mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailto:msetzerii@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
Guam - Where America's Day Begins
G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned: 19,471
Processing time: 32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI 10119018.500954 | EINSTEIN 5086853.040851
ROSETTA 2599032.707714 | ABC 3694200.474661

  • NTLDR is Missing....
    ... The upgrade was successfull, it worked for several days and the ... Before the problem reared it's ugly head, the owner had read email, ... BUT more then 7gb of space being used by somthing. ... I Used a Win98 Boot disk and went into Fdisk to examine the partitions, ...
  • NTLDR is Missing....
    ... The upgrade was successfull, it worked for several days and the ... Before the problem reared it's ugly head, the owner had read email, ... BUT more then 7gb of space being used by somthing. ... I Used a Win98 Boot disk and went into Fdisk to examine the partitions, ...
  • Re: Preupgrade vs other upgrade methods, caveats?
    ... Assunto: Re: Preupgrade vs other upgrade methods, ... using Preupgrade, and after that this new Fedup application? ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Kernel Logging
    ... Hoping to get some help with my Ubuntu upgrade. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ... Now I notice my messages file is empty sine the upgrade. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: What are the limitations of preupgrade
    ... I have some systems I would rather not upgrade by hand if possible, but they need to go from fc13 to fc17, and I'm sure doing it insteps would take more effort on my part than a single step and some fixup. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ... If all the advertising in the world were to shut down tomorrow, ...
    (Fedora)