Re: Thoughts of a user

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Beartooth <beartooth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 08:55:19 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
       [....]
Intel is famous for their poor quality video drivers for Linux.  Just
run Wine with notepad and you will have some idea on what I am talking
about.  Some of the more famous games that were ported to Linux don't
work there either.  The recommended solution:  Get a video card with
high quality Linux drivers.  Right now nVidia is leading the pack.

       OK; but I don't speak hardware.

       So I launched my lshw-gui (not knowing a better way). But if it
sees any video card, it calls it something else. How do I check what I've
got in any given machine?

If you have a external video card then it should be listed under one
of the "PCI Bridge"[1] unless it is a really old AGP card.

Hope this helps.

[1] http://imagebin.org/129674

--
Suvayu