Re: xmms only playing mp3 as root

On 12/31/2010 05:20 PM, Rick Sewill wrote:
Good day Rick,
This was a very constructive reply.
No apologies required.
I am so glad you did reply.
My system is now fixed.

.xmms/config for user was..
output_plugin=/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libOSS.so
.xmms for root was..
output_plugin=/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libALSA.so

Copied from root to user and all is well.
Thank you.
Johan

  • Re: xmms only playing mp3 as root
    ... For me, when I am logged in, as a normal user, I do have a file, ... I thought, somewhere, I read, your xmms was looking for /dev/dsp. ... xmms must use Pulse Audio. ...
    (Fedora)
  • [RFD] nice attribute for executable files
    ... normal user. ... to do that i had to su to the root account and then execute ... nice --5 xmms. ... so i had to do second su from root account. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: xmms only playing mp3 as root
    ... When tested xmms on mp3, I was logged in as root. ... such as one for ALSA or Pulse Audio. ... Try "yum search xmms" to find related packages. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
    ... permission from your *normal user* account by exercising root privileges ... user to root. ...  Done with sudo! ...   i - puts vi in insert mode ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: user privledges
    ... > redhat 7.2 i created a user account for myself to use on a daily basis. ... > fare i have just been su - and entering the root pass. ... it started but would not install because i did ... sofware to /opt/musicmatch as a normal user. ...
    (comp.security.unix)