svn with dyndns

Hi,

Has anyone using f14 managed to use dyndns to provide the IP name with
their own svn server?

I've got things set up here for svn, but when I try to connect via
dyndns, it comes back with no route to host. I'm not going through
apache to try and make life easier.

All requests in via tcp:3690 are routed to the server.

I've set things up using the instructions at
http://queens.db.toronto.edu/~nilesh/linux/subversion-howto/ (option 2)

If I try

svn import kickstart svn://127.0.0.1/developer/paul -m "Initial import"

I get asked my password, and life is good. However

svn import kickstart http://devsys-dyndns-server.com/developer/paul -m
"Initial import"

comes back with

svn: OPTIONS of 'http://devsys.dyndns-server.com/developer/paul': Could
not resolve hostname `devsys.dyndns-server.com': Host not found
(http://devsys.dyndns-server.com)

Not sure if this is my router being silly (it looks ok, I have a rule
set for TCP/UDP 3690 to allow traffic in, so the firewall is happy
there). IPTABLES has 3690 tcp/udp also open or if i'm missing a trick
using dyndns - it looks like everything should work

TIA

TTFN

Paul
--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...

  • Re: ActiveX EXE and a little more
    ... This one within the project that I can instantiate in several places to interface the AxUSB EXE and get the same event at each location. ... I do not use VSS and i do move my work from PC to PC so that make it more difficult to maintain. ... I would suggest you setup a svn server - you could use a older pc if you want install it on Linux. ...
  • Re: Web update library in python?
    ... Using svn still requires the people wanting to offer updates to have a ... tool that takes a repository (e.g. a bunch of files with some XML to ... they have a SVN server set up somewhere. ... press DOWNLOAD / UPDATE and it will install it for you. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: svn problems
    ... We have a group svn server. ... I use git to sync to it on my laptop, ... But this lets you work on an offline repository and then sync things up afterwards with other repositories, and it allows other modes of working as well. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Web update library in python?
    ... Using svn still requires the people wanting to offer updates to have a ... tool that takes a repository (e.g. a bunch of files with some XML to ... they have a SVN server set up somewhere. ... press DOWNLOAD / UPDATE and it will install it for you. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: OT: SVN checkout checksumming
    ... really matters) of every file downloaded by SVN on the client. ... How are you going to *safely* transmit those SHA-256 checksums to the ... If you have a communication channel between the SVN server and its ...
    (freebsd-questions)