Re: CHROOT for SSH

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 18:33 +0100, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
Hi,

I gave an SSH access to my server to somebody. But I want (and only for
him) "chroot" him to its home.

What is the easiest way to do this ?

As a simpler-to-configure alternative, depending on your use case, a
restricted shell might meet the need (see RESTRICTED SHELL on the
manpage for bash). You can lock down the user's search path and so forth
that way (but watch out for the capabilities of commands she can run).

-Chris

  • Re: CHROOT for SSH
    ... I gave an SSH access to my server to somebody. ... him) "chroot" him to its home. ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • CHROOT for SSH
    ... I gave an SSH access to my server to somebody. ... him) "chroot" him to its home. ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: sftponly
    ... provided the server is secure or what other services/interfaces you ... > I agree - chrooting is a good practice, and I wouldn't set SSH up without ... > you pair them with a chroot jail. ... Of course they can do more with SSH access, ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: su in a chrooted envrioment
    ... > For setting up ssh access to a server, i used the Chroot Login HowTo ... > change to the user in the jail. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • [opensuse] NIS and nss_override_attribute_value
    ... I have several servers setup with NIS for managing many users. ... Now I have to add a server, but require to set a restricted shell. ... Is there something similar for NIS or anotherway to configure ther server withour creating another NIS domain? ...
    (SuSE)