Re: Nautilus issues F14

On 01/07/2011 07:23 AM, Tim wrote:
Tim:
Are you looking for "Nautilus" or "file manager" or "file
browser" (specific program name versus generic names)?
Robert Moskowitz:
I always used Nautilus in the past.
How far back? On Fedora 9, it's listed in the applications/system tools
menu as "file browser". I can't remember what Fedora 11 did.

I started using Fedora with 10 and I used Nautilus. Before that it was
Centos, but I got tired of Centos backlevel on my notebook. I still run
Centos on a lot of servers. I forget what version of Centos was out
during F10's life, but it also had Nautilus.
when I go to Help -> About it says Nautilus ver 2.32.2
Yes, that's what the program calls itself. Many things in the Gnome
menu go by generic names, rather than actual program names.

I just checked on a test server I set up yesterday morning. It does not
have Nautilus under Applications -> System Tools either. But when I
start a copy of Nautilus from say the Desktop (eg my Home), it has the
Side Pane and F9 works. So I something is messed up on my notebook.

  • Re: Fedora vs CentOS
    ... >> that I should have gone with CentOS as it's essentially Red Hat ... while Fedora is essentially the Beta version of Red ... All of my systems use desktop hardware not server hardware so CentOS won't work on the newest boxes. ... The one serious failing of RHEL is their decision to never upgrade the kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • [Usability] MOTD Not Displayed; Column View for Nautilus; File Manipulation Tool; Browser Spell Chec
    ... I have a few suggestions I would like to raise that would possibly make GNOME ... I really like the spatial navigation mode of Nautilus and strongly feel ... For those preferring file browser mode, ... on occasions a more powerful form of file manipulation tool may be ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: What Linux distribution to choose for learning Ruby and Ruby on Rails
    ... Linux, probably RHEL 3 or 4, because upgrading is a pain for a server. ... using Fedora because of its Red Hat compatibility. ... productive with developing web applications using Ruby on Rails. ... I'd recommend either CentOS 5 or Fedora 7. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Advanced learning of GNU/Linux advice
    ... Administration is my main purpose, as far as work goes anyway. ... do the packaging and offer it to relevant repos (CentOS for RHEL packages). ... he took archives of some Debian mailing lists. ... are a Fedora and Debian user? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: CentOS hangs on boot
    ... Regarding the Centos Boot issue. ... Knoppix is a very powerfull live boot cd. ... Will it support Fedora on the clients, ...
    (RedHat)