Re: Nautilus issues F14

On 01/07/2011 08:43 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 07:54 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

I just checked on a test server I set up yesterday morning. It does not
have Nautilus under Applications -> System Tools either.
I'm on F14 too. If I open most things under Places (such as "Home" or
"Computer") it runs Nautilus.
Yes.
But when I
start a copy of Nautilus from say the Desktop (eg my Home), it has the
Side Pane and F9 works. So I something is messed up on my notebook.
Under "View", does it have an option to enable the Side Pane? Mine does,
and the side pane is not enabled unless I check the box for it.
No it does not. At least not any more. I **THINK** it had it the first
time I opened it, then I made my 'standard' changes to come up in list
rather than icon mode, not to open a new window on every folder click,
and to allow for real delete. I closed Nautilus, without really looking
at it, then opened it again and NO side view and NO way to enable it.

I was wondering if it might be some hidden file controlling this? One
of the config control files that Gnome has so many of...

Well I did a locate for nautilus files under my ID. I found a directory
under ~/.gonf/apps, I renamed it and started Nautlius and it had the
same problems. No Side View...

Going to the Gnome list with this one.