Re: Nautilus issues F14

On 01/07/2011 08:43 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 07:54 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

I just checked on a test server I set up yesterday morning. It does not
have Nautilus under Applications -> System Tools either.
I'm on F14 too. If I open most things under Places (such as "Home" or
"Computer") it runs Nautilus.
Yes.
But when I
start a copy of Nautilus from say the Desktop (eg my Home), it has the
Side Pane and F9 works. So I something is messed up on my notebook.
Under "View", does it have an option to enable the Side Pane? Mine does,
and the side pane is not enabled unless I check the box for it.
No it does not. At least not any more. I **THINK** it had it the first
time I opened it, then I made my 'standard' changes to come up in list
rather than icon mode, not to open a new window on every folder click,
and to allow for real delete. I closed Nautilus, without really looking
at it, then opened it again and NO side view and NO way to enable it.

I was wondering if it might be some hidden file controlling this? One
of the config control files that Gnome has so many of...

Well I did a locate for nautilus files under my ID. I found a directory
under ~/.gonf/apps, I renamed it and started Nautlius and it had the
same problems. No Side View...

Going to the Gnome list with this one.

  • Partially solved -- Re: Nautilus issues F14
    ... "Computer") it runs Nautilus. ... Side Pane and F9 works. ... rather than icon mode, not to open a new window on every folder click, ... I still want to have Nautilus on the Applications panel as well as on ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Nautilus issues F14
    ... "Computer") it runs Nautilus. ... Side Pane and F9 works. ... I was wondering if it might be some hidden file controlling this? ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Safely Remove Drive needed twice
    ... My employers allow email access, but not internet. ... I don't have a left pane in Nautilus. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Wie Side Pane im Nautilus anzeigen?
    ... Es fehlt aber der Dateibaum in der linken pane. ... In der Hilfe zum Nautilus steht, man kann die linke pane einschalten ... dann listet es mir keinen Eintrag 'Side Pane' auf. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.apps.gnome)
  • Re: Nautilus issues F14
    ... I'm on F14 too. ... "Computer") it runs Nautilus. ... does it have an option to enable the Side Pane? ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)