Re: determining sudo access

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 14:34 -0800, Donald Russell wrote:
In /etc/profile.d/local.sh I'd like to modify the PATH env variable to
include /sbin /usr/sbin and /usr/local/sbin but only if the user has
sudo access.

Even if that person does have sudo access, there are probably times when
they should use the command in /bin rather than /sbin, et cetera. There
are, or used to be, various commands that had different versions in
each.

If you mean for that path to change depending on whether they had used
the sudo command, that'd be a different thing, and would probably work
without problems.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

  • Re: determining sudo access
    ... Even if that person does have sudo access, ... they should use the command in /bin rather than /sbin, ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: security
    ... a login and config apache to read the dir in his home dir. ... command or sequence of commands. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: no internet connection with Fedora16
    ... When I run the "ifconfig" command in terminal it ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedup 18->19 and GRUB upgrade several seconds
    ... My system is a newish x86_64 laptop, with F18 as the only thing on it, ... the command I see in the anaconda log is in fact: ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: space error in creating a fedora spin
    ... It's the loop mounted file system the data is written to ... how does one modify the part command to allow for more space ... FREE ONLINE PHOTOSHARING - Share your photos online with your friends and family! ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)