Re: SELinux

On 01/20/2011 05:02 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
On 01/20/2011 04:23 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

If I want to run google chrome (say)-

I tried this:

mkdir -p sandbox-home/.config
rsync -av ~/.config/google-chrome ~/sandbox-home/.config

(1) Probably relevant - my default proxy is via ssh tunnel ... so I
guess I need to somehow allow access to those ports on localhost ? Where
would I do that ?

(2) To avoid this for now - I tried deleting the .config/google-chrome
so it would be a fresh first time run . same problem ... window starts
and exits.

Any suggestions ?

thanks!

  • Re: SELinux
    ... mkdir -p sandbox-home/.config ... Probably relevant - my default proxy is via ssh tunnel ... ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: OT: BBC iPlayer
    ... I spend a fair amount of time abroad - and my home Mac Mini is set up as a proxy server. ... From the client side I run an excellent little program called SSH Tunnel Manager from http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/stm/, and I use Firefox as my browser. ... It is also quite easy to setup using Safari and the built in socks proxy setup in Leopard. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: SELinux
    ... If I want to run google chrome - ... mkdir -p sandbox-home/.config ... The window pops up and closes ... ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Anonymize internet access
    ... My eyes are glazed over...what does this mean? ... Web-based proxies and desktop proxy applications will prevent Real IP detection or display inaccurate results. ... FindNot's SSH tunnel is on port 80...does that make it a "Web-based proxy"? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Use remote proxy while in SSH tunnel?
    ... BrowseBlast requires me to set my browser's HTTP proxy to localhost at ... Anonymize.Com's SSH tunnel requires me to set my browser's ... HTTP proxy to localhost at port 80. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)