Re: SELinux

On 01/21/2011 09:50 AM, Mike McCarty wrote:
If you mean that he is vulnerable to attacks, and then
his machine harbors possibly malicious code w/o his knowledge,
then you are blaming the victim.

IMO, an unsecured computer on the net is just as much of an attractive
nuisance as a swimming pool that's not properly fenced in and the owner
is just as liable for any damage.

  • Re: My letter to USFS re: Arkansas Gathering
    ... Lawyers serve hue-manity with their lying hubris as brought to Light ... Logan wasn't blaming the victim IMO. ... stormtroopers is not the same as blaming the victim. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Slut Walking!
    ... Osgoode Hall Law School to advise the students on personal safety, ... culture in which it is considered acceptable to blame the victim. ... attacked for blaming them rather than the rapist. ... their cars - then you will not be similarly attacked for blaming motorists ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Slut Walking!
    ... Osgoode Hall Law School to advise the students on personal safety, ... culture in which it is considered acceptable to blame the victim. ... likelihood of an attack by dressing more modestly - then you will be attacked for blaming them rather than the rapist. ... But if you argue that motorists could do more to reduce the likelihood of their property being stolen by hiding it out of sight when they park up their cars - then you will not be similarly attacked for blaming motorists rather than those who break into cars. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Recording on Shabbat
    ... - The reporter shares _NO_ responsibility in this. ... reads totally as if she is blaming the victim. ... it wouldn't matter who was innocent or guilty, who was to blame or not ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Recording on Shabbat
    ... you said that I was "blaming the victim" on the basis that I had ... chareidim who subsequently went nuts and got violent. ... And when people are crazy, ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)