Re: putting something into single quotes in a bash script

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 17:59 -0700, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
g wrote:

man bash

The man page for bash is the worst one of all! I use man all the time for all
kinds of commands, but anything to do with bash directs you to this bash page,
meaning you have to pore over hundreds of separate entries in the vain hope of
finding something relevant to your query.

info bash

poc

See the Advanced Bash Scripting Guide at

tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/

Regards

John

  • Re: MC Alternative? (File Managers)
    ... >> almost every personal computer in existence and are considered ... >> stripped down file manager for the console. ... > combination of programmable F# keys (through bash) and bash ... > by your shell (there are no built-in commands). ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: MC Alternative? (File Managers)
    ... >> almost every personal computer in existence and are considered ... >> stripped down file manager for the console. ... > combination of programmable F# keys (through bash) and bash ... > by your shell (there are no built-in commands). ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: why wont my awk if/else work for both conditions?
    ... output1.txt; then echo y; else echo n; fi ... bash - but then stops. ... commands executed while in sh. ... but only when i type it directly into the prompt - not ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: New to Debian Linux - I have NASM experience under DOS 6.22
    ... > Maybe nasm is in the path, ... access to all the commands and NASM and so forth...hence, really, use ... up one big "man" page about _all_ the built-in commands the BASH shell ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: bash history search key binding
    ... maybe your bash history was accidentally reset.. ... or lost its cd* commands .. ... will display the cd commands in your current history.. ... Maybe I should try reassigning the backward search command to CTRL-R for a while and see if it has any limitations that I didn't notice while experimenting.. ...
    (Debian-User)