Re: Problem with thumbnails

antonio montagnani ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on
13/02/2011 22:22:
I m using Fedora for photo manipulation with Gimp.
When I open a folder containing raw files I don't see thumbnails of
pictures on one of my system while on the other I can see them (Jpeg,
Pef and Dgn files). I made the test with the same folder copied from my
network storage.
Any idea??

From both system I cannot see thumbnails on the network storage for any
kind of document, image, PDf and so on (NAS is an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200)

another clue: I don't see only thumbnails of PEF files, but if I open
one pEF file by The Gimp, and I close it thumbnails is shown.
Thumbnails are otherwise shown with the undefinite thumbnail with a tree
and sunset.

--
Antonio
Prima di stampare pensa all'ambiente

Linux Fedora 14 Laughlin on Casa
Linux user number 362582

http://www.campingmonterosa.com
http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it

  • Re: Keeping photos in a certain order
    ... Sure you can move thumbnails around and play a slide show with the new ... order, but, when you close the folder and open it again you will see that ... If you need to batch rename and number, you can do this easily with XP. ... Copy the photos you want to place in a particular order into this new ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: can not defrag some big files
    ... I still have the prob with defrag. ... > Thumbs.db file contains the thumbnails for a particular folder. ... > [[Disables automatic storage of folder thumbnails in a cache file. ... > Google Desktop personal search index cannot be backed up while in use, ...
  • Re: can not defrag some big files
    ... Thumbs.db file contains the thumbnails for a particular folder. ... Google Desktop personal search index cannot be backed up while in use, ... > following is a) the report from the defrag tool, ...
  • Re: rearranging photos
    ... the files so they will stay in the order you placed your thumbnails. ... If you need to batch rename and number, you can do this easily with XP. ... Copy the photos files you want to place in a particular order into this new ... You can copy photos to this new folder from any photo folder you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Thumbnails dont stay cached
    ... > I work with a large number of picture files on an HP ... NOT BAD on the first time in the folder, ... > to 85 seconds until the thumbnails are drawn. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)