Re: Running ssh on unreserved ports
- From: Alex <mysqlstudent@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:53:43 -0500
I'd like to move it to a higher port to avoid the normal doorknobYou can do this from iptables:
rattling that occurs with ssh running on a public server.
1. block port 22 in iptables
2. Add the following rule:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 2345 -m state --state NEW -j REDIRECT --to-ports 22
Ah, great trick. Definitely have to try that.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: Running ssh on unreserved ports
- Next by Date: Qn about rsnapshot/rsync directory filter rules
- Previous by thread: Re: Running ssh on unreserved ports
- Next by thread: Re: Running ssh on unreserved ports