Re: Running ssh on unreserved ports

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 16:07 -0500, Alex wrote:
I'd like to move it to a higher port to avoid the normal doorknob
rattling that occurs with ssh running on a public server.

Even with it on a different port, you'd probably want to implement some
firewalling that auto-bans an IP after few failed attempts. That stops
them from continually trying to get through.

I think there was a package called fail2ban, or something similar, that
did that automatically.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686