Separate /usr partition

I just noticed that ever since Fedora 11 the Installation Guide
recommends against having a /usr partition separate from the root file
system (though as recently as Fedora 12 the Example Usage still showed a
separate /usr). I've always used a separate /usr kept mounted read-only
except when necessary for updates. I was wondering just what sort of
"boot process becomes more complex" issues I've been fortunate enough to
avoid, and whether the reasons for that recommendation have become
stronger in more recent releases.

Do NOT delete it.

  • Re: Separate /usr partition
    ... recommends against having a /usr partition separate from the root file ... system (though as recently as Fedora 12 the Example Usage still showed a ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Separate /usr partition
    ... > I just noticed that ever since Fedora 11 the Installation Guide ... > recommends against having a /usr partition separate from the ... and whether the reasons for that recommendation have become ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Separate /usr partition
    ... > I just noticed that ever since Fedora 11 the Installation Guide ... > recommends against having a /usr partition separate from the ... and whether the reasons for that recommendation have become ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Separate /usr partition
    ... recommends against having a /usr partition separate from the root file ... It probably has less to do with the boot process and more with disto ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: RH9 Poor performance, stability
    ... To a Linux advocate the truth is a "subtle job of trolling." ... "Consider these memory requirements for Fedora Core 2, ... it a little disturbing that Fedora Core 2 recommends 64 times as much ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)