Re: Any arguments for keeping Yum case-sensitive?

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 09:07:35AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
I cannot reproduce that:

That's because you forgot to call setlocale (LC_ALL, "");
first. Without that the comparison is done in C locale always.

#include <wchar.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main () {
printf("%d\n", wcscasecmp (L"hijkl", L"HIJKL"));
}

As for why in tr_TR this is different, in tr_TR.UTF-8
wcscasecmp (L"hijkl", L"HİJKL") == 0
and
wcscasecmp (L"hıjkl", L"HIJKL") == 0
(i.e. uppercase for i is LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I WITH DOT ABOVE
and lowercase for I is LATIN SMALL LETTER DOTLESS I).
This is especially problematic because i and I are single byte
in UTF-8 while İ and ı are two byte.

Jakub