rename flash drive auto mount point

> Is the name of your usb drive _body>< /

not quite , it's:

"_body>//
<_ht"

...with the newline.
It looks like it's been snipped from the end of an html file except for
the underscores.

I am surprised that the programmers allow this kind of naming.
I think allowing spaces in file names is wrong too.
Apparently they feel the need to "keep up with the Joneses.

I found a semi solution using mtools which I left a in a page here:

http://how0909.freeshell.org/linux/rename_flash_automount.txt

But I'm still looking for others.

I think that there is probably a udev rule or something to find and edit
which would be the right way to fix this (I guess).

Thanks for the interest.

/

  • Re: rename flash drive auto mount point
    ... ...with the newline. ... It looks like it's been snipped from the end of an html file except for ... the underscores. ... works as the mlabel command in the webpage listed above. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: [PHP] and <br>
    ... \n is the code to write a new line, between "double quotes". ... your HTML file you will see it too. ... If you pronounce this say: "NewLine To BReak". ...
    (php.general)
  • Problem round-tripping with xml.dom.minidom pretty-printer
    ... I have run into a problem using minidom. ... I have an HTML file that I ... automated changes to. ... Obviously I can fix the problem by doing without the ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • InStr and HTML Screen Scraping problem
    ... I am trying to fix an application that was working ... parse out the data to fill with ... Here is the problem the Html file ... to scrape the wrong varaibles. ...
  • Re: Tkhtml3 crash on Win64 on reading fonts
    ... Exception code: c0000005 ... The example html file works on the regular 32-bit version. ... Has anyone put in the fix themself? ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)