Re: internet connection fails

On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 13:18 -0700, Randolph Jones wrote:
fc14 live cd installed on hd
net is dhcp; networkmanager sets nameserver
as dhcp provider.
occasionally cant find google.
adding isp nameservers to resolv.conf fixes this.
unfortunately, NM steps on this and rewrites resolv.conf
before shutdown.

how do I get the isp nameserver in the system permanently?

The true solution is to configure your DHCP+DNS server to work properly.
Either fixing its DNS server issue, or telling your DHCP server to
provide the clients with a different DNS server address that works.
It's the problem, so it's got to be in your solution.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.