Changing Owner on a backup drive

Fedora 14

I have a backup drive at sdb1 a Vfat (fat32) partition a USB hard drive
that before upgrading from Fedora 13 to Fedora 14 , the owner was
Michael , but after upgrade it is now owned by root. all the backup
files are Linux files.

The drive is mounted at /dev/sdb1 /mnt/backup from /etc/fstab and is
only readable by Michael.

How do I change the owner back to Michael , the chown command is not
permitted.

  • Re: max file sizes stopping tar backups?
    ... On Thursday 03 February 2005 07:40, michael wrote: ... >> upgrade to Sarge. ... Copyright 2005 by Maurice Eugene Heskett, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OT: Microsoft extends XP again, sort-of
    ... to upgrade from 95 to 98, ... Michael <-still has a millenium machine and a Linux machine ... I started with an Osborne One in 1983, 300 baud modem, finally bought a 12 inch amber screen monitor and it hooked it up. ... Printed on an Epson MX-80 with graftex. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Upgrading Fedora 16 to 17 or 18 Problems.
    ... Fedora up to the current Fedora 16. ... I then did the upgrade, ... Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: DVD drive problem after upgrade to Solaris 10
    ... On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Jim wrote: ... J| Michael E. Thomadakis wrote: ... J|> Is it possible that the upgrade made the system not being able to recognize ... BTW I was looking to download Sol 10 patches but I had to 'scavenge around' to ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: OT: Microsoft extends XP again, sort-of
    ... to upgrade from 95 to 98, ... I'm a bit older than you are so you might not remember the days when you upgraded to 4MB RAM and had a 1200 baud modem you were THE shit... ... Michael <-still has a millenium machine and a Linux machine ...
    (rec.food.cooking)