Re: Barcode reader f14=no win=yes

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo
<nospaze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 07:45 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 10:56 +0200, Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo wrote:
I got a new barcode reader, but it doesn't work (does in any Win box).
Am I missing something? Loading any USB keyboard module? (cant guess
any).

What does "It doesn't work" mean? It returns bad data? it returns no
data? something crashes? it just sits there and never responds? what?
Presumably you're trying to use it with some application, but you don't
say. Neither do you mention the brand and model (the dmesg dump just
says "generic"), which might mean something to someone.

Patrick, maybe u missed the rest of my message, with the dmesg output.
Dmesg throws an error when plugging the keyboard (its a barcode reader).
THen... does nothing. It has energy (laser turns and beeps on when
unique button is pressed). But does not generate any keytyping.

Even though this looks like a keyboard, does it need Windows drivers
to function?

James McKenzie