Re: 2560x1600 display issue. (x11?, nvidia 8800 GTS, hdmi, dvi-d, Dell U3011)

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 21:49 -0700, Nataraj wrote:
On 04/08/2011 09:17 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 21:59 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
I'll connect to the DVI port and rerun it.
I have had similar difficulty getting a Dell U3011 to run at 2560x1600
on a MacMini with an Nvidia GeForce 320M. Using the displayport
interface on both the 320M and the U3011, the best I can get is
1920x1440. I did play with the xorg.conf file quite extensively, but
didn't do any better trying to specify modelines. I am using the Nvidia
driver.

You might want to check this thread out.

DisplayPort should be capable of driving the monitor to full resolution.

I also had difficulty trying to get a second monitor to work. The
second monitor is a Dell U2410. I can get either monitor to work fine
alone, but when I try to start the xserver with 2 monitors connected,
the second monitor can't sync. The second monitor (U2410) is connected
to the HDMI port.

I can get 2 monitors working on the HDX. First I connect one monitor to
the VGA port and get it working. Then I disable the laptop display.
Then I add the second monitor.

Right now I am running the U3011 at 1920x1200 and the FPW2007 at
1680x1050.

  • Re: Welcher Monitor / welche -Schnittstelle zukunftssicher?
    ... Damit ist DVI eigentlich raus, weil die Contentindustrie die Inkompatibilität damit möchte. ... - HDMI kann kein VGA. ... Displayport 1.1 kann VGA, DVI und HDMI, das ist aber optional. ... der Monitor sollte sich wenigstens auf 50cd/m² runterregeln lassen - leider kein Standard. ...
    (de.comp.hardware.monitore)
  • Dells DisplayPort Folly
    ... The PC giant is championing an interface we don't need and shouldn't ... industry to adopt--appears on your next notebook, PC, and monitor. ... There's just one problem: We don't need DisplayPort. ... then-new HDMI interface, which was starting to show up on televisions ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: [opensuse] Manual Xorg configuration help on 12.2
    ... external monitor are applied to the laptop's screen. ... So Xorg of OS 12.2 may be smart, but not smart enough to let me set up ... Old Ubuntu 10.04 has no problem with it though. ... Still open for suggestions what to do next to get the displayport working. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Monitor Update
    ... I turned everything off then connected it using a Displayport to DVI connector and turned everything back on. ... The Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable arrived this morning so I re-connected using that instead of the converter. ... What I managed to do was connect the new monitor to the Mini twice, using both the DisplayPort and the HDMI connection. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Monitor Update
    ... The new monitor arrived at 4:45 yesterday. ... I turned everything off then connected it using a Displayport to DVI ... connector and turned everything back on. ... The Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable arrived this morning so I ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)