Re: dhcpd gateway settings

Aaron Gray wrote:
I am trying to set up a network and gateway on 192.168.1.x that I am using
for BOOTP'ing servers.
<snip>
But I cannot seem to get HTTP or other services to work on 192.168.1.x

I have the existing 192.168.0.x network and was wondering how gateway
requests should get from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.0.1 ?

How is this physically laid out?

Are the two networks physically separate, and the gateway has two
network cards (and hence is on both networks)?

Is the httpd daemon on the gateway?

Do you have forwarding turned on on the gateway?

Does the gateway also have the connection to the Internet, or is this
from another device?

If the gateway has the Internet connection, have all the devices got the
gateway’s IP address (on the appropriate network) as their gateway? If
not, have you set up static routing as appropriate?

Can a device on the 192.168.0/24 network ping a device on the
192.168.1/24 network?

Have you configured httpd to listen on all addresses? Can you connect to
it by it’s 192.168.1/24 address?

Lots of questions – hopefully one of them will point to the issue.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail: james@ | "Well of course it doesn't work, error #24 indicates
aprilcottage.co.uk | you've attached a wombat to your vacuum cleaner, which
| cannot possibly work. Please detach the wombat(s) and
| try again." -- Warren Block

  • Re: Linux, success or failure
    ... >>pcs or do you need internet connection sharing (your box as gateway?) ... What kind of network connection do you have here? ... Check out transparent proxy problems in Lunix Community ... If you can get internet connection working from the box first, ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: [SLE] connection redundancy
    ... which is the router just this side of the ... >>because it's own gateway is still up. ... You'll also need three network cards to put into this Linux box. ... your internal LAN can route packets to the Internet. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Cant access secure Web pages
    ... and which need to be contacted via the Default Gateway. ... The Default Gateway being the software process that does the network ... Gateway (as set up by your ISP's DHCP packet to the router), ... me so I can send it directly (to the MAC address discovered by ARP). ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: [9fans] Do we have a catalog of 9P servers?
    ... experience with plan 9 to comment with any sort of authority. ... redundant resources on the gateway. ... gateway and the host on the internal network. ... "Whoa, here comes a network, we're going to need some more syscalls!" ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: Problem with Cable Moden & Router.
    ... gateway is the way in or out. ... a gateway leads to another network. ... Where two routes with different network masks overlap ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)