Re: nspluginwrapper

On 04/22/2011 06:17 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
<>

Without nspluginwrapper, Firefox plugins run in the same process as
<>

With nspluginwrapper, Firefox plugins run in separate processes.
<>

ahhh. yes. you refreshed the brain cells. [should stick this time] this
was discussed in a 'support-firefox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' thread last year.

Presumably, this also means that the plugins can run on separate
hardware threads¹: whether this makes any difference to browser
responsiveness is something I have neither investigated nor seen anyone
else investigate.

one would think so. this ability was not discussed.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

****
**
**
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

  • Re: looking for MESS build instructions and Apollo compilers
    ... The latest Howto file for the MESS Apollo emulation is also available at ... The Howto file contains some hints on networking, but until now networking has only been tested on openSUSE Linux. ...
    (comp.sys.apollo)
  • Re: 1-second kernel
    ... "majority" because none of my machines has the same hardware. ... to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it; ... to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [kde] Duplexing prints on one side only
    ... all about computers and hardware. ... to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it; ... to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Mac for inept user?
    ... Took me 20mins to work out how to set the onboard ethernet to DHCP or, ... No weird hardware. ... But couldn't that say more about that distro of Linux than Linux ... It's a very _pretty_ mess, granted, but it's still a mess. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: firefox and call home addons
    ... ones back in and every time i tried working with noscript, ... i am now building back other addons with fresh scripts to see if i get same ... to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it; ... to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it. ...
    (Fedora)