Re: Mounting apple .dmg files in fedora
- From: JD <jd1008@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 11:08:33 -0700
On 05/05/11 10:40, James McKenzie wrote:
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 10:08 AM, JD<jd1008@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:What do you mean "should" ???
I tried to mount an Apple .dmg file like so:Apple .dmg files are compressed High Performance File System files
mount -t hfs -o loop ximg.dmg /mnt/dmg
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
Well, the blogs say this should work.
I even tried -t hfsplus with the same result.
Am I missing a relevant package?
I have hfsplus-tools-332.14-11.fc13.i686
installed, and F14 has no higher rev update for it,
at least according to yum.
(hpfs), not hfs. I don't know if Fedora can or even should mount them
There is nothing fedora "should not" do!
If it serves our needs, then it should indeed be done.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: Mounting apple .dmg files in fedora
- Next by Date: Re: [OT] Need Some Help Here...
- Previous by thread: Re: Mounting apple .dmg files in fedora
- Next by thread: Re: Mounting apple .dmg files in fedora