Re: Keep a file in memory an any cost

On 05/11/11 11:19, Alain Spineux wrote:
Hello I have a file, that is an index, it is open all the time by the
but sometime the access are slow because the file was moved out of the cache.

How can I keep it in memory all the time ?
I can read it at regular interval, but this is a little over kill ?

Any idea

There is a kernel facility that nails pages to memory so that
they are not paged out (such as for DMA purposes).
But I do not know if such a facility is accessible directly from
any userland calls via libc.
BSD used to have a vadvise() call to accomplish such a feat.

users mailing list