Re: Keep a file in memory an any cost

On 05/11/2011 07:32 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 05/11/2011 11:19 AM, Alain Spineux wrote:
How can I keep it in memory all the time ?
I can read it at regular interval, but this is a little over kill ?

Is there a reason that you don't do the obvious: read it into an array,
use it and then if needed write it out again when the program exits?

And have it all chucked onto the swap device when we're under memory pressure
and reclaiming user pages that haven't been touched in a while? How does that help?

Regards,
Bryn.

  • Re: Horde and Alliance working together
    ... One reason is that I want to kill people because I hate them, not for some other arbitrary reason, and I hate people when they have done something to piss me off, not for some other arbitrary reason. ... They can't tell you they want the toll, and they can't collect it, unless you are the same faction as them. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Dloyd Lavies cyber terorist
    ... his wife is bi, but he isn't so why do you believe that it is logical ... I dislike many people without wanting to kill and I have never except ... inded it is very unlikely for many reason not the least of is you are ... Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.policy)
  • Re: [SLE] SPAM: unsubscribe
    ... Subject: SPAM: unsubscribe ... It's comical watching this stupid thread, as indirectly I'm the reason ... On most of the many other mailing lists ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Vitale murder suspect faces life in prison
    ... By 16 I was drinking too, and having sex. ... But that isn't the same as having a kid or a spouse. ... It might not have been a good reason. ... He didn't kill some stranger, ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: Grindless RPGs
    ... except Eve of course but then you were just grinding ... Kill 10x of this or that. ... repetetive tasks without any reason. ... grinding (and since the game caps at 20 you'll hit cap long before the ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)