Re: Best FOSS alternative for skype?

On 05/13/11 11:47, Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 07:02 -0700, JD wrote:
since pulseaudio allows multiple audio clients,
you will have quiet an orchestra of sound when
answering mutiple incoming voip calls and asnwer
all of them at the same time (roughly speaking) :)
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how pulseaudio handles multiple
sound capture devices.

Does it handle them as well as it handles multiple sound generating
applications? (Yes, that's a leading question.)

Good question. I hope a developer familiar with
pulseaudio internals will proffer some insights.