Re: Protected WLAN

On 05/20/2011 05:07 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
If you think that hiding SSID will help with security, you might as well add
that hanging a pack of onions in front of the house will also help make your
wireless more secure

There's your problem.... It should be "garlic"! :-) :-)

--
Sight is a faculty; seeing is an art. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段

  • Wireless router for home
    ... Another secure way is to add her MAC address to an Allow ... list on the wireless LAN. ... >outside of the house was connected. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Netgear WGPS606 <-> Netgear WGT624
    ... | A key principle of networking is to carefully plan the network first, ... But it was based on the _assumption_ that wireless ... |>That did work when the bridge was peered with WGT624. ... My original thinking of this was at the very least everything in my house ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: How to boost our Linksys WRT150Ns signal -- across the house?
    ... How many walls? ... All it takes are two wireless ethernet bridge radios and a crossover ... has to stay on the far west side of the house once we disconnect the ... you think you can get adequate coverage from a wireless router in the ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: How to boost our Linksys WRT150Ns signal -- across the house?
    ... How many walls? ... All it takes are two wireless ethernet bridge radios and a crossover ... one of those that required gigabit speeds to be usable. ... has to stay on the far west side of the house once we disconnect the ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Wifi Security
    ... Then add in good practices and secure those endpoints! ... I have changed the security to WPA2 with a 128bit ... and attempt to break into her wireless internet connection. ... part of her network cannot do WPA2 but you actually want her network to ...
    (microsoft.public.security)