Re: Not enough info, so no point

On 06/02/11 21:26, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
On 06/03/2011 05:16 AM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
On 05/31/2011 06:24 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
For my PC

Fedora 15 update fails

Fedora 15 install CD fails to boot

Fedora 15 Live KDE fails to boot

All fail to finish initialising hardware.

smolt page :

Result : I shall not be updating to Fedora 15 any time soon

I provide this information reluctantly based on my previous experience
posting to this community, which laughingly suggests it provides
assistance, encouragement, and advice.
Fedora 15 Install/Rescue DVD checked out correctly on boot and check
option. But it also causes a core dump when trying to start up.
Hmmm, I'm wondering whether this kernel bug might be the culprit

As it does appear to be a problem when iSCSI bus is being reset
I searched fo iSCSI on that page and did not find it.
However, the generic scsi layer runs on top of the
lower hardware drivers, which maybe ATA (IDE), or SATA
or FLASH memory disk on USB.

As you know, /iSCSI/ is an abbreviation of Internet Small Computer
System Interface.
Do you have network acessible storage server
which serves SCSI block devices which your PC accesses?
During install, the network is not up, so how could
iscsi be involved?

users mailing list