Re: CJK Extension B Chinese fonts for Firefox

在 2011年6月6日 下午10:21,Piscium <groknok@xxxxxxxxx> 写道:
On 6 June 2011 15:08, Steve Underwood <steveu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As well as the missing characters, there are still a lot of places where
something readable is shown, but it looks really ugly. Typically a mix
of fonts are being used. For example, on my FC14 box 张启德 displays
badly, because the 张 is obviously from a different character set.
Oddly, it not only looks different, but is also considerably smaller
than 启德.

Yes, I also noticed that the fonts display differently.

After I installed Han Nom it appeared to me that it looked crisper
than hanazono-fonts, so I uninstalled the latter (though I don't know
what character sets they cover so it is good to know about
hanazono-fonts as I may need them some day to display Japanese
characters).

On my PC the first character of the sequence 张启德 does indeed look less
nice and from a different font than the other two, though they are all
of the same size, even at different font sizes all the way to 72
points.
I noticed this in gedit and gnome-terminal on fedora 13/14, but no
problem in firefox.
Some CJK characters in gedit or gnome-terminal are smaller than other,
I don't know
what causes this on fedora. I have no problem in openSuse/Ubuntu/Debian.
Sorry for my poor English.

  • Re: unable to insert symbol with latest version of Office
    ... X used "Apple Extended". ... "Character Palette" instead. ... If I use the character palette to insert the same character into my ... the two fonts I tried with insert character in Word. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Word 2004 and random Hidden characters
    ... I don't think it's the fonts. ... character style. ... Open that in Word 2003, save as RTF, copy to Mac, open in Word 2004 ... white space characters show up as '??' ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: font compatability with PC installations of Word
    ... One of them is to use pre-composed character ... same font designer. ... And no guarantee that the resident fonts will not be ... Mac fonts prior to OS X ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Angband with an accent: displaying extended characters
    ... > This font has a series of special terrain icons in character ... > The remaining character positions are left blank for additional ... > that one has to be root and that the fonts have to be installed in some ... One idea to work around this is to supply custom fonts as ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)
  • Re: Bullets in Word 2004
    ... The problem is that you have specified a bullet character that is not ... it's a good working practice NOT to specify a Font in your ... PC fonts contain a winder selection of Unicode characters than Mac Fonts do. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)