Re: GNOME Audio Profiles missing

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Steven Stern
<subscribed-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/05/2011 11:15 PM, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
Hi all,

I'm on Fedora 15 and trying to rip a CD using CD Extractor (Sound
Juicer). Somewhere along the way, my default audio profiles have
gotten hosed (see attached screenshot).

How do I restore the out-of-the-box default profiles?

- Julian

Thanks for the profiles!

Where do the default profiles come from?  When I did a clean F15
install, there were none.  Is there a package that includes them?

Hi folks,

After substantial digging I fixed this problem. To answer Steven's
question, the default profiles are in:

/etc/gconf/schemas/gnome-media-profiles.schemas

By reinstalling the libgnome-media-profiles-3.0.0-1.fc15.x86_64 (and
then logging out & logging back in), my out-of-the-box audio profiles
were back. Looks like I had a corruption somewhere in my ~/.gconf.

- Julian

  • Re: Thread stolen from rasfw; Magic and Society
    ... real life, time and money) on some instrument to measure acoustic ... Real world geologists do spend a great deal of time and money getting information about underground structures by bouncing sound waves off them. ... Going deep can be either reflection profiles or refraction profiles. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Need to turn on sound in other User Profiles
    ... sound card and everything is working pretty well. ... profiles are mute. ... Did you do a Repair Install? ... drivers for your new motherboard, sound, video, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Advanced e-mail options: play a sound, etc
    ... is your site is enforcing mandatory user OS profiles. ... Play a Sound or Show envelope settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • CRTUSRPRF - web version !
    ... I need to create a web app which allows select admins to create i5/OS user ... profiles. ... This may sound like a huge security risk, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • GNOME Audio Profiles missing
    ... I'm on Fedora 15 and trying to rip a CD using CD Extractor (Sound ... Juicer). ... my default audio profiles have ...
    (Fedora)