F15 - Video problems [SEMI-SOLVED]

I finally found the source of my video problems with F15.

My 1680x1050 monitor was hooked to a Belkin KVM. Somehow, this ended up
making the system think I had 2 displays, a 1680x1050 and a 1280x1024
(no, these is no 1280x1024 monitor, I assume the KVM is braindead). Of
course, KMS used the wrong display info. I discovered this by running
xrandr with no arguments.

After removing the KVM (which I don't actually need), the video is fine.
If I needed the KVM, well that would be a problem.

I hope this helps someone.

Regards,

John

  • Re: REPOST : VDQ Display (FC4 & ViewSonic VG910b)
    ... >> which I run behind a KVM switch: an ASUS with a Maxtor 6E040L0 hard drive ... >> display isn't right, and the GUI for setting the display (Main Menu> ... previous monitor turned up in the canned list. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Problem with Dell 1703FP monitor - SOLVED
    ... >>The only other thing is that I have the monitor hooked up to an Iogear ... >>KVM switch that also connects my linux server. ... > haven't posted what the actual refresh rate is according to YaST... ... > occassionally (not a low display rate flicker, but a flicker as in it would ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: resolution changes and KVM switch use
    ... I've set up a KVM switch between a PC running XP and one with Vista ... positioning) when separately connected to the monitor. ... Is this likely to be a KVM switch issue, a conflict between the XP and Vista ... If the user enters the control panel for the video card, the driver may ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Help - PC lockup after POST due to refresh rate (I think) -I am stumped ! :-(
    ... Set it up using my KVM ... Tried the neighbours monitor too and it was the ... > settings in XP with regards to refresh rate and it is remembering them at ... Is there a registry key to ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video)
  • Re: [SLE] 9.1 problem
    ... >> KVM ... >> This no name KVM retains power to devices less than 8 hours which ... >No changes of hardware. ... monitor as the big hog and leave the system up. ...
    (SuSE)