Re: Flash plugin stalls Firefox in Fedora 15

Christian Kreibich writes:

I've upgraded a 64-bit test box from F14 to F15, and am not impressed.
For starters, the 32-bit Flash plugin no longer works in Firefox. Most
pages using it stall the browser for 10-15 seconds, then I get a
black/grey rectangle. I've followed the instructions
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash to no avail, and I see no mentioning
of this problem on the page. Others? Pointers?

The 64 bit beta plugin works fine:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_square.html

You'll need Linus's patch to workaround the memcpy bug in the plugin. Search the list archives/bugzilla.

The beta plugin most likely has unpatched holes, so it's a bit risky, but as long as all you need Flash for is youboob, and other major sites, it should be fine.

  • Flash Plugin report
    ... install FreeBSD after my HD died. ... (I had to try the new Flash Plugin ... Right upon installing mozilla 1.5 from ports, ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • how to install flash plugin for linux-opera?
    ... I installed linux-opera following 'browser' section of the handbook in order to be able to use adobe flash plugin. ... and start opera. ... 4nd trial is to install opera-linuxplugins which according to description is not needed and retry previous 1, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: how to install flash plugin for linux-opera?
    ... handbook in order to be able to use adobe flash plugin. ... and start opera. ... 4nd trial is to install opera-linuxplugins which according to ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: OT - SWB Flash browser problem? (was:Re: Windoze ends year with a major cert ...)
    ... >> there was a problem with an older flash plugin crashing the ... >> download a more current plugin via the HP web pages. ... >> like what my browser was doing before the plug-in upgrade. ... >downloaded the plugin from Mark Berryman's site, and did a diff against ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: I would like Just a bit of advice about Fc8?
    ... Most of the 64-bit applications are up to snuff, ... some third-party stuff that's not there yet (e.g. a 64-bit FLASH plugin ... Adobe's had MORE than adequate time to put a 64-bit ...
    (Fedora)