Re: Adieu, Fedora

On 6/12/11 7:08 PM, nomnex wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:07:10 -0700
James McKenzie<jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip all, not worth reading again>

The last comment comes from a OSX Mac user. if I recall, you can only
re-size the windows using the bottom left side on Mac, not to confuse
the user-base=>BIG ego, poor skills.
I've been using computers since the 1970s. Hollerith cards, JCL and the
whole bunch. Again, the big breakthrough for home computer ownership
was and remains Windows95. Not Linux, not MacOSX, but a cobbled
together Piece of Bovine Excrement. But it brought the masses to
computing. Linux, although much superior, has a major problem and that
is the UI. The 'best' UI out there at present is MacOSX. And I don't
just say that because I use one, its because just about everyone out
there is trying to imitate it. If you are trying to copy Windows7, you
are trying to copy the functionality of MacOSX Aqua. It is simple and
basically hides most functions most users will never want to touch and
in most cases, should not touch.
And then the lecture goes on: "if you don't follow the cheeps, you will
get crushed?!" - Says how? Jobs or Ballmer?

Neither. Try Nash. Yes, the Economics professor from Princeton.
Marketing is what is it is all about. You could make the best gizmo in
the business, but if you cannot get folks to use it, you just wasted
your time and alot of someone else's money. This happened with OS/2
when Microsoft introduced WindowsNT 3.1. This is also the beginnings of
the Wine project back in the mid-1990s. If Linux were the leader,
rather than the follower, we would not be in this state, correct? I see
Gnome3 and KDE4 as an attempt to lure Windows users to the Linux flock.
I hope they succeed. Those people need a better OS than one riddled
with security holes and that has difficulties running more than 24 hours.

James McKenzie

  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...
  • Re: On the Fence -- Need truth
    ... >James - I believe that's a lot of hogwash. ... I want to>> code some apps and games, but I want the world to see it, not just>> the niche group of Linux users that I have found. ... I invested some money,>> and bought a copy of Windows 2000 Pro -- heard it was the best ... I need to know the truth about all this before I make a>> decision, so i come straight to the source of it all. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Linux for Senior Citizens
    ... Linux for Senior Citizens ... For such people, I believe, Windows really is a better option: ... The kernel manages all the hardware and also looks after all running ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... It's the same Linux code base. ... Microsoft Office on a Windows server, it will install and run fine, the main ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)